Charter Revision Process
The proposed draft Consolidated City Charter is based on recommendations made by the Batavia Consolidated Charter Task Force. The Task Force, which was appointed by the Batavia Town Board and Batavia City Council for the express purpose of developing a proposed Charter, developed its recommendations based on a thorough review of the current Batavia City Charter. It analyzed each component and, where applicable, has proposed revisions to reflect what it believes to be in the best interest of the proposed consolidated municipality. Its proposed charter was also informed by the National Civil League's Model City Charter and a consideration of issues specific to the Town and City of Batavia.
- Proposed Consolidated City Charter: Draft Version 1
- Joint City Council/Town Board Task Force Update – (PowerPoint 4.5 MB) (PDF)
- Proposed Wards for Consolidated City
- Legislative Process & Decision Points
- Form of Government Primer
- Primer on Council Representation
Charter Revision Background
Links to the material generated from the first study can be found here.
- Task Force Process Overview – (PowerPoint) (PDF)
- City of Batavia Charter & Code
- Town of Batavia Code
Other City Charters